Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Fox Network

I was planning on writing about the greatness of Arrested Development, however I think I will just rag on Fox. The Fox network has a long history of taking great shows, teasing people by putting them on for a season or slightly more, then canceling them. Examples of this are FireFly, The Tick, and Arrested Development. Fox seems to find these shows that are ahead of their time but allowing them to be cancelled before a public following has shown itself. I suppose it is necessary to get shows like that out of the way for quality like Celebrity boxing. How can a network make so many bad decisions and stay on the air? I believe if shows like the ones mentioned above had gone to cable networks they would have had a much longer life and since my life revolves around media, I would have had a happier one.

3 comments:

  1. All of these shows were smarter then the Fox network, Fox takes a lot of risks and sometimes it pays off, but the Lowest Common denominator always comes through in the end. Also Arrested Development did itself in, it was hard to watch if you missed an episode, in the early 2000 days before DVRS or Hulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. But arrested development did a fairly good job at telling people what had happened earlier and why it is important.

    ReplyDelete