Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Movie, Failed TV Show.

Making movies out of old television shows Is nothing new, but I have noticed lately that movies out of "failed" television shows seems to be a new trend. I put "failed" in quotation marks because as per an earlier blog, I don't believe that certain shows were actually failures, but were taken off the air. However these shows show back up in movies, for example firefly becomes serenity. But movies like that do not give the show justice and lessen the respect for those shows. On the flip side, shows like Futurama through straight to DVD's movies, eventually Is able to make it back on the air, though through a different network. Arrested development is said to be having a movie coming out, hopefully it will reinvigorate that show to get It back on the air, unlike serenity which just gave us a conclusion. And if my dream Is to really come true, The Tick will be made Into a movie... and all will be right in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment