Sunday, April 18, 2010

contact

Tonight I watched Contact with Jodi Foster. It was entertaining and interesting to watch. It can also be fun to make fun of. The only problem I had with it was the way it pitted religion and science against each other, because it is impossible for the two to coincide. I thought that the way they represented religion wasn't very balanced and it shouldn't be shown as the enemy, also the religious characters were either crazy right wing extremists or the one liberal spiritualist (Matthew m.) Who was a priest who studied everything but never took his vows because he couldn't steer clear of sex. Of course its a religious terrorist who blows up the science machine. It's just annoying, but in the end her findings have to be taken on faith, because the government covered up certain information. Despite all this I would still recommend checking out this movie.

1 comment:

  1. I find it very funny that most atheist go out of their way to shine a less than favorable light on the faithful and the faithful can really care less about what the think.

    ReplyDelete